Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Bringing Mouse to Life!

I choose to use the colAR app for my Literacy Project in conjunction with my iPad and my Smart Board. I read the story Time for School, Mouse! by Laura Numeroff. Throughout the read aloud, I concentrated on using time-order words while asking discussion questions. After the students were familiar with the story, they all colored a special picture (downloaded from the colAR app) of a mouse. They focused on creating eyes, mouth, and clothing for their mouse. They did a great job. After  they finished coloring their pictures I accessed the app and the students watched what happens to their mouse they colored. As the mouse danced around, I asked some questions prompting the students to retell the story using first, next, then, and last, They were all able to describe the story in sequential order according while watching their mouse come to life. The lesson went very well and all the students enjoyed using my iPad all by themselves. I even borrowed an overhead camera and hooked it up to my Smart Board, and the children were able to view all their friends pictures together. Here are just a few pictures of the students enjoying the mouse come to life.










  

3 comments:

  1. Yay Christine. I'm glad you used this for your literacy project. You have such a range in age this year that your choice is very developmentally appropriate. Thank you for sharing the pictures. I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! It looks like your kids were very involved and dedicated to getting their work done. What a great choice for your grade level too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like so much fun! Your students are actively engaged and seem to be completely engrossed in the project. I would love to try out this app sometime!

    ReplyDelete