Monday, October 14, 2013

So much in eight weeks.....

This is a great and user friendly tool for almost everyone. I enjoyed creating this one.


Everyone Can Learn! by christinekupcho on GoAnimate
">

Taking this course has opened my eyes quite a bit about technology. I now realize it doesn't matter what age you teach, or even how old you are, anyone can learn from digital tools. This has been one of the most hands on and informative courses we have taken throughout the program. I am ending these eight weeks very satisfied and inspired.

The most useful digital tools I learned are all the Web 2.0 tools. Animoto's are extremely easy and useful in preschool as is digital storytelling, voki, and Goanimate. I appreciated creating the weebly to communicate with my parents. What a great way to keep the parents abreast of what the class is learning and how we are progressing. I truly enjoyed learning about simple digital tools to make my life easier.

I considered myself uneducated on digital technology before this course and now I feel pretty confident to try new things and implement digital tools into my curriculum. This course has made me rethink the way I can differentiate my teaching for all my students. I can expose them to Skype and create a collaborative class blog. The possibilities are endless to the digital learning.

I have learned a great deal of technology knowledge that gave me the basis to explore and expand my teaching. I feel that I can now move my students into the digital age with ease and excitement. I can incorporate some sort of digital tool into all lessons across the curriculum.

I might be slow, but I am steps ahead of other teachers throughout my school. I am finding myself quite comfortable learning with my students and exploring our new digital age together.

2 comments:

  1. I love that Christine! I like the characters as animals talking about technology. Your reflection makes a great point about the tools being appropriate for all ages and abilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so creative! I love the animals! I completely agree that the tools are appropriate for all. Technology can be great modification for students! My students are obsessed with all of the tools I've introduced and keep asking for more.

    ReplyDelete