Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Rough Draft of Digital Story

I experimented with Storybird and created a story line that I think young children could relate. This is a story about family and life lessons. The children will relate because I used my children's names. I have pictures of my children and they personally know Nathan from his class. I can use it to share feelings about siblings or when families are expecting change. It could be used across the curriculum to cover many standards.
I really would like to add my own voice and narrate the story in my own voice. But I haven't figured that out yet. I also don't quite know how to embed or copy to my blog. Hopefully this works!! Just click the link below and you should be able to read.


Emily's Story


2 comments:

  1. It's a cute story Christine. How did you find your images; did you do a specific search? I read your comment on my story. I kept it real basic because I want to teach second graders opinion writing and this would be for one of the first lessons. I liked storybird, but have started a digital story in movie maker too. I wanted to try one with voice narration as well. It's a more complex story with math as a focus; how to make five. I haven't tried any audio yet. I agree about using storybird for a literacy project. It seems like a simple tool for our little ones. If we keep trying we'll get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hedgehog/porcupine? What a great story about sibling rivalry. You really showed how the first child often feels when a sibling comes along. I could see students really responding to this story. Using Storybird would be a great way to get students to create their own story about their sibling.

    ReplyDelete