Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Exploring new links

When I was completing homework assignments, I came across this interesting app that would entice my preschool class and is very easy to implement. This type of technology is easy and cool to use for all ages. The 3-D color app is a wonderful tool that teachers can integrate into their curriculum and cover many aspects of the Common Core.

This is a free app for all apple devises. Here is an example of one of the coloring pages.
Look for this app when downloading.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this app with us! I LOVED the demonstration you did in class! I never expected the images to move like they did. I think this app is fun for all ages because of how entertaining it is to watch! But, I think colAR Mix would be ideal for very young children. I could see how this would motivate younger students to try their very best to color within the lines and to make the colors pop. I would enjoy seeing this in a classroom setting. To be perfectly candid, I look forward to trying it out myself! :) Your post also got me thinking about how few iPads we have in our district. The couple that we have are reserved for the alternative program in our school and for the special ed department. I wish there was more money to purchase more iPads for regular classroom use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am absolutely blown away by how this app works. I have a student who regularly uses an Ipad and would love for his pictures to come alive. In fact, I'm going to write this down and bring it to his para tomorrow. I am looking forward to the look on his face when he first sees the picture. Of course I have so many other kids who would enjoy this app. I even think older kids would find it great. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete